人人论坛

查看: 1704|回复: 9

日本作家村上龙一语惊人:日本的未来一片黑暗

[复制链接]
发表于 2013-6-22 19:15:17 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
(译注:村上龙,本名龙之助,生于日本长崎,日本着名小说家、电影导演。1976年,他发表了自己的处女作《无限近似于透明的蓝》,一举成名。到2005年,这部小说的销量已高达350万册,是日本最着名的畅销书之一。——百度百科)

JosephGeorge

作者:约瑟夫·乔治

Ryu Murakami is one of Japan’s mostcelebrated and controversial authors. His first novel, Almost Transparent Blue, was a darkbook about disillusioned Japanese kids burning themselves out in a spiral ofdope and rock music under the shadow and influence of an American army base.Written at the age of 24, it won him the Akutagawa Prize, one of Japan’smost prestigious literary awards, and cemented Murakami’s reputation as themaster of dark and violent literature in his native country. Now 61, Murakamihas continued to produce works that aim to get to the root of an increasinglyfractured nation, through the lens of its most debased, violent, and cast-outmembers.

In From the Fatherland with Love,published in 2005 in Japan and now being translated into English for the firsttime, Murakami positions his familiar bloodlust on to an international stage.The novel envisions a Japan wrecked by complete economic collapse, abandoned bythe international community, and on the cusp of being invaded by North Korea.While Japan’s government anxiously wonders how to deal with the situation, agroup of homicidal, satanic, degenerate youths take it upon themselves to fightback against the North Korean regime.

米尔网
村上龙

村上龙

I metwith Ryu to discuss the American influence in Japan, youth, violence, and his(sort of) new book.

村上龙是日本最着名也最具争议的作家之一。他的处女作,《无限近似于透明的蓝》,讲述了生活在美国驻军阴影下,幻想破灭后日本年轻一代沉迷于毒品和摇滚乐,自暴自弃的生活,堪称是一本充满了现实黑暗的书。此书写于村上龙24岁时,并助其一举夺得芥川龙之助奖,这是日本最负盛名的文学奖项之一。现已61岁的村上龙依旧笔耕不辍,通过社会中最底层、最暴力、最不被接纳之人的视角,他试图描绘出这个越发破碎的国家最本质的问题根源。

在出版于2005年,如今刚刚被翻译成英文的《来自半岛》(From the Fatherland wit h Love)一书中,村上龙将他最熟悉的杀戮欲望搬上了国际舞台。在这本小说中,日本的经济已经完全崩溃,并被国际社会所抛弃,正面临着被朝鲜侵略的威胁。当日本还在为如何应对这一局面焦头烂额之时,一群凶残堕落、如魔鬼一般的年轻人挺身而出,向朝鲜政权展开了反抗。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2013-6-22 19:15:57 | 显示全部楼层
 笔者日前有幸遇到了村上龙,并就美国对日本的影响、年轻人、暴力和他的几本新书进行了一番探讨。以下是我们的谈话内容:

VICE: Sinceyour first novel, Almost Transparent Blue, Americanpresence in Japan has been a constant theme in your work. Why is that, and doyou see it as a negative influence?

我:自你的处女作,《无限近似于透明的蓝》以来,美国对日本的影响似乎一直都是你作品的主题。这是为什么呢?你是否觉得这是一种消极的影响?

RyuMurukami: I grewup in a US Army base town, so that probably had a lot of influence on thenovel. It’s not absolutely negative. Obviously Japan lost the war, and so thereis an impression among people here that we were forced into democracy andforced to take on elements of American culture because of that loss. Mygeneration had parts of American influence that we liked and parts that wehated. We also understood the complexities and diversities of American culturebetter than the previous generation.

日本街头

身穿和服的日本女人   

村上:我就是在美军驻军的镇子里长大的,所以在小说里多有体现。也不完全是负面的吧。显然日本打输了战争,所以说这里的人有种印象,那就是我们当年是被迫接受民主的,也是被迫接受美国文化元素的,而这一切都要归结到我们战争失败的头上。对我这一代人而言,美国的影响,有的让我们喜爱,有的则让我们痛恨。我们比前一代人更能理解美国文化中的复杂性和多样性。

Your novels give the impression that the sudden influx ofAmerican and counterculture opened up a kind of vacuum in the traditionalJapanese collective mindset, into which a lot of your characters findthemselves falling.

我:你的小说中常给人这样一种感觉——美国文化的突然涌入,使得日本传统的集体心态中生生出现了一块“真空”,而且你书中的许多角色似乎都为此感到迷茫。

I think that’s a pretty good interpretation of what happened. The problem isthat when looking at Japanese politics and social systems, the collective is ofcourse always more important than the minority or the individual—it’s stillonly in very rare cases here that individuality is regarded as being important.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2013-6-22 19:16:47 | 显示全部楼层
  村上:我认为这正是当年切实存在过的现象。问题在于,看看日本的政坛和社会系统,集体自然永远都比少数派和个人重要——基本上人们都不觉得“个体”有什么重要的。

Why can’t people do both? Live as individuals in a community?

我:就不能两者兼顾吗?在一个集体里面作为个体而活着不行吗?

Because people who try to do that become outcasts.

村上:想要这么干的人就会被集体所排挤和抛弃。
日本的政治家门

Outcasts are the centralcharacters in a lot of your work. But the majority of these people were madeoutcasts by circumstances that prevented them from fitting in normally, ratherthan making choices that led toward individuality.

我:你的许多作品都以“被抛弃的人”作为主角。但是这些人往往都是由于环境的原因无法融入人群,而不是因为自己选择追求个人主义。

A lot of people do want to live as individuals, and that goes for me too. Youcan do that by opting not to go into traditional companies or not doing whatmight be expected of you as a member of society. In most cases, that makes lifeharder. By using people who are forcefully excluded from society by history orcircumstance in my writing, it’s easier for me to show how hard it is to livelike that.

I’mreminded of a letter I received from a young girl. She’d had an argument withher parents over her ambition to have a career in confectionery, so she decidedto run away from home. This was really out in the sticks, and while she waswaiting for a bus, she was reading one of my novels and got encouraged by theidea that there were misfits like her out there in society. Reactions andepisodes like that make me feel really very happy.

村上:很多人都不想离群索居,我也是如此。你可以选择不加入传统公司,同理,你也可以不去做身为社会的一份子你本应做的那些事情。在大多数情况下,做出这些选择会使你的生活更加艰难。所以,我要写因为历史和环境的原因而被驱逐出社会的人,因为对我来说这么写更容易体现出这种生活有多么艰难。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2013-6-22 19:17:38 | 显示全部楼层
 在这里我要提一下,我曾经收到过一个小姑娘的信。在信里她说,她有志去找一份糖果店的工作,结果父母不同意,双方大吵一架,她就决定离家出走。这是真实发生的,就在一个偏远的小城镇里。结果就在她等公交的时候,她读到了我的一本小说,并因为看到书中也有像她这般“不合时宜”的人而大受鼓舞。看到这样的故事,我真的很开心。

In Coin Locker Babies theissues that the characters carry with them due to being abandoned as infantsturn into grudges that become a desire to destroy the world around them. Do yousympathize with that nihilism?

在《寄物柜婴儿》(Coin Locker Babies)一书中,以描写了两个因为遭人遗弃,就心理扭曲,渴望毁灭世界的人。那么您是否赞同虚无主义?

(译注:虚无主义,即认为世界,特别是人类的存在没有意义、目的以及可理解的真相及最本质价值。虚无主义反对科学和传统的哲学体系以及现存的社会秩序。他们否认国家、教会或家庭的一切权威,逐渐与政治恐怖结合在一起,最后退化为暴力哲学。)

I also have issues with the world that I see around me. In the case of damagedyoung people, those with creativity may be able to focus that anger ordestructive energy on writing or music. But, if not, they tend to go towardviolence or even terrorism. If destructive energy comes with a kind of moralthen it can become a revolution.

村上:我对我周围的世界感到困惑。对于那些被损害的年轻人来说,如果他们颇具才艺,的或许会把自身的愤怒和破坏力转嫁到文字和音乐上。然而,如果他们做不到,他们就会诉诸于暴力甚至是恐怖主义。如果这种破坏性的力量带有一些道德性,那它就会变成一场革命。

The Londonriots in 2011 werean example of frustrated kids spontaneously breaking out into unorganized andessentially destructive rebellion. Do you think something like that could everhappen in Japan?

我:失意的年轻人发起无组织且具有破坏性的动乱,2011年的伦敦骚乱就是一个例子。您认为这种情况也会在日本吗?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2013-6-22 19:18:28 | 显示全部楼层
 It’s unlikely. Japan is becoming more and more docile… I don’t know why.People maybe think that nothing will change regardless of what they do. Thatkind of thing happens all the time in Europe, though!

村上:不可能。日本现在越来越驯服了…我也不知道为什么。人们或许会觉得就算这么做了也不会改变什么吧。不过,欧洲可一直在发生这样的事啊!

In the new novel From the Fatherland withLove, Ishihara’s gang of homicidaladolescent misfits and social rejects all have horrible histories and ayearning for violence. Although they end up fighting against the North Koreans,their first reaction was to side with them and fight against Japan. Why isthat?

我:在你的新书《来自半岛》中,“石原帮”的成员是一群被社会排斥的青少年,这帮孩子个个有一段不堪回首的黑历史,还渴望暴力。虽然他们走上了抗击朝鲜之路,但他们一开始的反应是想站到朝鲜一边,和他们一起来打日本。为什么会这样?

日本僧人来中国谢罪

日本僧人来中国谢罪

Normally, James Bond would be sent in to fight the North Koreans, but I didn'twant to write that kind of book. I structured it so that people who thissociety actually wants to get rid of are the ones who save the day. Theinspiration for those boys came from the Aum Shinrikyo,the Japanese cult responsible for the Tokyosubway sarin, nerve-gas attacks. The cult had a lot of innocentchildren inside it. Those kids had a very hard time fitting into society whenthey got older because of their pasts. I thought about how they must have feltgrowing up. Wouldn't they develop a grudge against society for not acceptingthem?

村上:一般来说,抗击朝鲜本可以派詹姆斯·邦德这样的英雄去,但我不想写这样的书。在我的故事中,那些社会想要驱逐的人恰恰是日后拯救这个社会的。这些少年的灵感来源于奥姆真理教,这是日本的一个邪教,曾经在制造过沙林毒气事件。这个邪教里其实有不少无辜的小孩子。这些孩子由于自己的经历不好,长大了之后也过得很艰难。所以我在想,在他们成长的过程中,肯定也会有一些想法吧。人们不接受他们,他们难道不会因此对社会产生愤恨之情吗?

(译注:奥姆真理教于1995年3月20日在日本东京地铁投放“沙林”毒气,造成5500多人受伤,12人死亡)
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2013-6-22 19:21:31 | 显示全部楼层
  How do you think Japan wouldreact to an actual North Korean invasion?

我:如果朝鲜真的入侵了,你认为日本会如何应对?

It’s not a realistic situation, but if it did happen I think Japan would betotally unable to react. If, for example, they attacked Guam, the US wouldreact. If they went after South Korea, Seoul would go up in flames but therewould still be retaliation. But if they bombed an inhabited Japanese island,neither the US nor South Korea would do anything, and I don’t think Japanitself could deal with it alone.

村上:这不是现实,不过如果真的发生了,我想日本完全没能力应对吧。比如说,如果他们打关岛,美国肯定会有所反应。如果他们打韩国,首尔可能会完蛋,但韩国也是会反击的。但如果他们炸了日本一个有人居住的岛屿,不管美国还是韩国都不会有任何举动的,而我不认为日本靠它自己就能摆平这些。

日本街头

日本街头

There’s a line in the novel, which is simply, “Japan has nothingto look forward to…” Do you believe this is true?

我:在小说里有这么一句话,直接就说“日本已经没有什么可以期待的了…”您真是这么想的吗?

It's a difficult question to answer. Japan is increasingly diverse, and withinit, there are those who can see a future and those who can’t. It’s harder tolive and to find work than it was in the past.

村上:这个问题很难回答啊。日本越来越多元化了,既有能看到未来的,也有觉得看不到未来的。只不过现在活着更艰难了,找工作也比以前更难。

How do you envision the future of Japan’s youth?

我:那你对日本年轻一代的未来怎么看?

It’s dark.

村上:一片黑暗。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-6-22 20:31:46 | 显示全部楼层
Ii is your translation work of upper words?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-3-6 23:03:52 | 显示全部楼层
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-5-4 04:18:38 | 显示全部楼层
留个脚印```````

扫我头像拉我进微信群,或者加我好友,送红包
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关注《微诗刊》公众号
关注人人文学公众号

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|人人文学网 ( 京ICP证070305号 京ICP备12019256号|人工智能

GMT+8, 2018-1-24 17:05 , Processed in 0.406277 second(s), 22 queries .

bbs.renrenwenxue.com Discuz! X3.2

© 2001-2015 Comsenz Inc.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表